Internet Holiday Villas travel
internet holiday villas logo

Travel Insurance on the internet
If you’re looking for great-value holiday insurance cover, try InsureandGo. You can pick up cheap single trip, backpackers and annual cover including comprehensive cover for a range of eventualities. You are strongly advised to take out comprehensive holiday travel insurance to cover all persons in your party. Be sure your insurance policy covers an air ambulance back home, ALL medical bills, injury from sports activities, and, if you are driving to your holiday destination, replacing and or bringing your car home. If driving a hire car abroad make sure you have emergency contact numbers to hand if a tyre or anything needs replacing especially on motorways where you may have to use roadside phones to contact emergency breakdown services.

Foreign Exchange and Travel Money Services

Internet Holiday Villas uses Travel Money Services in the UK as they provide an excellent (commission free) currency exchange rate service to travellers.– Travel Money Services are an independent currency exchange company that allows customers to capitalise on improved rates by booking in advance. In particular, the company specialises in offering preferential exchange rates in Euros, US dollars, Australian dollars and New Zealand dollars. You can exchange any amount of money from £500 to £10,000 in both cash and traveller's cheques, with reduced rates for exchanges in excess of £2,500 and for amounts over £10,000. Cash can be redirected to your bank account. Compare our Travel Money Currency Exchange Rates. It is also possible to choose your own delivery date, and the company offers an exclusive buy back service.

  • Do not travel with large amounts of cash. Split what cash you have with other members of your party or.
  • Take travellers cheques and remember to keep a note of their numbers in a separate travel bag/location to the cheques.
  • Take some cash in local currency as you may need it for airport transfer etc.
  • Ensure your credit cards do not expire before your return, and if applicable, check your balance against your credit limit to ensure you have enough funds for you requirements.
  • Some credit and charge cards will refuse payment if there is a marked change in your usual pattern of spending so it is worth notifying them that you are travelling abroad.
  • Keep a separate note of all your card numbers, and do not keep the note with the cards. Your bank will be able to help you with all of the above.
  • Ensure you have enough funds to cover emergencies.
  • Whilst on holiday, do not carry all your cards, cash or travel cheques with you. Take what you need and leave the rest is a safe place in your holiday accommodation, ideally in 4 separate places, that way if you do get robbed it's unlikely they'll find it all!
  • To convert your money use the Personal Currency Assistant™ Currency Converter link

Driving Licence
If you are travelling in your car or intend to hire a car on holiday, check your driving licence or insurance does not expire before you return.

You may use a GB driving licence for driving in all other European Community/European Economic Area [EC/EEA] member states, although the green version may not be accepted in Italy or Spain. Check with a motoring organisation if you want to drive in a non-EC/EEA country. They will advise you whether you need an International Driving Permit [IDP]. IDPs are issued by the AA, the RAC, RSAC and Green Flag National Breakdown Recovery Club. You must be resident in GB, have passed a driving test and be over 18 years of age.

If you are driving in the UK and want up to date travel info then check for latest road and Motorway Traffic reports.

More travel info pages...
Passports ~ Visas ~ Money ~ Insurance ~ Driving Licence ~ Vaccinations ~ Medical ~ Deep Vein Thrombosis ~ Air Safety ~ Customs ~ General Advice & Tips ~ Holiday Checklists